“Play gives children a chance to practice what they are learning…They have to play with what they know to be true in order to find out more, and then they can use what they learn in new forms of play.” ~ Fred Rogers (Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood)


Friday, May 31, 2013

Name Matching


I didn't think about it when we were naming our girls but both of them have long first and last names (don't worry their middle are very short).  Samantha is having a hard time remember her name when she tries to write it...So I thought of fun way to give her more practice with her name.

I took  8 popsicle sticks and wrote a letter on each one then I took another popsicle stick and wrote her name on it lengthwise.  Then Samantha matched each stick to the letter in her name.  I had her go in order from first to last that way she would learn how to spell it.  She liked this game and after a while she asked me to hide the sticks so that she could find them and match them again.  I also made one for Aiden but he just turned them into airplanes :)








No comments:

Post a Comment