“Play gives children a chance to practice what they are learning…They have to play with what they know to be true in order to find out more, and then they can use what they learn in new forms of play.” ~ Fred Rogers (Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood)


Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Fun with Shaving Cream

I love having the kids play with shaving cream.  Not only is it a great sensory activity but it is really easy to clean up! 


I like to use these plastic trays that I found here.  They keep everything contained and are really easy to clean off.  

The first activity was hiding numbers and shapes.  I put them on the tray covered them up with the shaving cream (I use the cheap stuff that you find at the dollar store).   The kids were excited to search through and try to find out what was underneath.  







I am trying to do more sensory activities with them especially because Aiden doesn't like to get his hands dirty~Everything else on him can be dirty, just not his hands.



Another great use for shaving cream is color mixing.  All I did was fill a paper plate with shaving cream and then added a few drops of liquid water color.  Before I did anything else I asked Samantha what she thought would happen if we mixed the colors~She knew that it would make another color but she wasn't sure what color.  


She used a paint brush to mix it up





Then Samantha wanted paper~She pressed it on top of the shaving cream.  Here is what it looked like when it dried






No comments:

Post a Comment