“Play gives children a chance to practice what they are learning…They have to play with what they know to be true in order to find out more, and then they can use what they learn in new forms of play.” ~ Fred Rogers (Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood)


Monday, October 21, 2013

Who Lives in Your House

When I taught preschool this was one of my favorite activities to do with the kids.  It is a great way to see how they see their families.  I was so curious to see how my kids saw our family.

I cut a house out of construction paper~you could even draw a house on a piece of paper.  There should just be something that looks like a house so that it is concrete for them.  Then I asked both of them to draw our family~The people that live in our house.



Here is Aiden's House~He said a Hippo lives in his house.  I didn't dare ask who the Hippo was in fear of his answer :)


Samantha's house is hilarious!  I think that it perfectly depicts our family.  We are always together~We are always right next to each other~I feel like we are all on top of each other and it looks like she feels the same way.

Try this with your kids~It's fun to see how they see things! 

No comments:

Post a Comment