“Play gives children a chance to practice what they are learning…They have to play with what they know to be true in order to find out more, and then they can use what they learn in new forms of play.” ~ Fred Rogers (Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood)


Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Knuckle Pumpkins

I LOVE Fall!  It is my absolute favorite time of the year~Love it all pumpkins, cooler weather, football, holidays~Love it!  I want to do Fall activities All.  Day.  Long!

Today we made a Knuckle Pumpkin~I found the idea from The Happy Fairy.  It's a fun and easy way to make pumpkins.

So simple, all you do is make a fist and paint your knuckles (not your thumb) and then press it on the paper~You have to rock your hand back and fourth to get all your knuckles.  We made a kid pumpkin patch.  I wasn't sure how to finish it up~you could make the ground look like dirt or just leave the pumpkins~I just couldn't commit to anything.

 Samantha and Aiden had fun with this activity.  They were able to paint their own knuckles and all I had to do was help them put it on the paper.




1 comment:

  1. Ooh, super cute! I think I need to do this with both Tyler and Dylan's fists! =) Love this idea!!!

    ReplyDelete