“Play gives children a chance to practice what they are learning…They have to play with what they know to be true in order to find out more, and then they can use what they learn in new forms of play.” ~ Fred Rogers (Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood)


Saturday, June 9, 2012

Crayon Rubbing

We were having a long day...no naps and too hot to play outside. Thankfully I remembered this coloring activity. I was even more thankful that she LOVED it!! It kept her entertained for awhile (A while=10 mins...hey, i'll take what I can get)

I used a large sheet of paper, crayons (with no wrapper), tape, and stencils


I taped the stencils to the table...you don't want them moving around.  These were from the dollar store if you don't have any you can always cut out shapes and tape them down.

Then tape the paper on top of it...again you don't want it to move while you are coloring.


I had my playful little girl try to guess what was under the paper.  She had no clue :)


At first I showed her how to rub the crayon across the paper.  She was able to catch on really fast.
As she was coloring she kept saying it was magic.





Here's the final product...









1 comment:

  1. This is so great!! I can't wait to see your ideas (and copy them;).
    I'm so happy you're blogging again, too!

    xo

    ReplyDelete