“Play gives children a chance to practice what they are learning…They have to play with what they know to be true in order to find out more, and then they can use what they learn in new forms of play.” ~ Fred Rogers (Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood)


Tuesday, June 26, 2012

4th Of July Fun

I love the 4th of July!  It is one of my favorite holidays!  I wanted to share a few 4th of July crafts.  

The first one is my favorite....Hand print and Foot print Flag!  I couldn't really take pictures of the process because I had to help guide their little hands and feet :)



Aiden's hands are the stars and Samantha's feet are the stripes

Here is our American Flag.  Now I need to find a good place to hang it 

Firework Streamers...
The easiest 4th of July activity ever

You Need....
Streamers (Red, white, blue)
Foil

Tear all three streamers into strips (any length will do) and then tear a small square of foil.  

 Hold the end of the streamers together while you wrap the foil over the ends (this holds them together and acts as a weight).



Now you have your fireworks!  You can throw it or run with it...pretty much anything.  Samantha and Aiden had lots of fun throwing it up in the air and watching it fall.  We will probably bring them to the 4th of July parade too




Happy 4th of July!



No comments:

Post a Comment